“And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a branch shall grow out of his roots.” Isaiah 11:1
A look at next week:
Religion: Chapter 10 The Second Commandment
In Chapter 9, the students learned about ways we follow the First Commandment. In this chapter, the students will learn that we follow the Second Commandment by respecting and honoring the name of God.
For family advent resources, please click here.
Language Arts: Please use the following link to view next week’s focus wall.
4th Grade Weekly Spelling Homework (The spelling words can be found by clicking on the Lesson link above.)
After Christmas break, we will begin a novel study on Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell. Every fourth grader must have a copy of this book by Tuesday, January 8th, 2019. This would make a great Christmas gift. You can purchase the book on amazon here, or a bookseller of your choice. You can also check it out from the local library, however, we will need it in class every day during the month of January. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Math: Module 3 Multi-Digit Multiplication and Division Assessment
We will continue with multiplication timed tests. Please practice your math facts at home every night. Click here for a great practice sheet! To see the testing order, please refer to the recording chart in your child’s planner.
Topic G: Division of Thousands, Hundreds, Tens, and Ones
- Divide multiples of 10, 100, and 1,000 by single-digit numbers.
- Represent and solve division problems with up to a three-digit dividend numerically and with place value disks requiring decomposing a remainder in the hundreds place.
- Represent and solve three-digit dividend division with divisors of 2, 3, 4, and 5 numerically.
- Represent numerically four-digit dividend division with divisors of 2, 3, 4, and 5, decomposing a remainder up to three times.
- Solve division problems with a zero in the dividend or with a zero in the quotient.
- Interpret division word problems as either number of groups unknown or group size unknown.
- Interpret and find whole number quotients and remainders to solve one-step division word problems with larger divisors of 6, 7, 8, and 9.
- Explain the connection of the area model of division to the long division algorithm for three- and four-digit dividends.
Pilot Module 1
- encounter Native perspectives through images, stories, direct quotes, and videos.
- learn about how Saint Junípero Serra expressed love for God and love for neighbor by respecting the dignity of Native Peoples and protecting the sacred work of the missions.
- explore what it means to be a Catholic follower of Jesus in our world today and prayer experiences are included in each lesson.
- Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.
- Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
12/11 Tuesday: P.E.
12/12 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required), Apparitions of Our Lady fo Guadalupe in Church after Mass, 12noon Dismissal
12/14 Friday: Spelling/Journeys Lesson 2.11 Test, Religion Ch. 10 Test, P.E.