We have been practicing reading sentences with the use of pictures and our high frequency words. Hopefully they read you their first book, The “I” Book, this week!
Picture day is Tuesday, 9/18. We will be taking pictures in the morning before recess.
Please allow your children to unpack themselves every morning. I know it is faster as a parent to do it for them, but this is a skill they are working on. They can put their snack and water bottle on the top shelf of the cart next to the home folder bin. This way they can take it easily into the classroom and place it in their cubbie. Their lunch box can go on the middle or bottom shelf of the cart.
Please read at least 15 minutes every night with your child and fill out the reading log. The reading logs are due each week on Friday. A new log will be sent home every Monday.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: God Made the Animals
- Math: The Concept of Zero and Working with Numbers 0-5
- Reading: Family Times, My Family and Me, Family Fun, Fun Together and The Big Book of Rhymes
- Language Arts: Essential Question-Who is in your family? Letter Recognition- I through R
- Phonics: Sentence Segmentation and Recognizing Rhyme. High Frequency Word: can
- Social Studies: Being a Good Citizen
- Science: Continue Animal Needs
Dates and Reminder:
- Tuesday, 9/18: School Picture Day
- Friday, 9/28: Half Day: Dismissal at 12:00 PM- Teacher Professional Development
- Saturday, 10/6-10/7: Parish Fall Fiesta
- Sunday, 10/7: Eighth grade led Mass at 10:30 AM
- Sunday, 10/7: School Performance at Fall Fiesta 12:00 PM
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .