“Teach me, Lord, your way that I may walk in your truth, single-hearted and revering your name.” Psalm 86:11
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedules this past week to meet with me during Parent Teacher Conferences. I always enjoy having the opportunity to sit down with each of you to talk about your child. I care so much for each child in our class and I love being able to share that with you. We are having a fantastic year. I have already seen so much growth and I am excited for this to continue! As always if you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
A look at next week:
Religion: Chapter 9
In Chapter 8, the students learned about God’s covenant and the Ten Commandments. They also learned about Jesus’ teaching of the Great Commandment. This week’s chapter will present the First Commandment, which teaches us that there is but one true God.
Language Arts: Please use the following link to view next week’s focus wall.
4th Grade Weekly Spelling Homework (The spelling words can be found by clicking on the Lesson link above.)
Math: Module 3 Multi-Digit Multiplication and Division Assessment
- Solve division word problems with remainders.
- Understand and solve division problems with a remainder using the array and area models.
- Understand and solve two-digit dividend division problems with a remainder in the ones place by using place value disks.
- Represent and solve division problems requiring decomposing a remainder in the tens.
- Find whole number quotients and remainders.
Social Studies: Pilot Module: California Native Peoples & Missions
- encounter Native perspectives through images, stories, direct quotes, and videos.
- learn about how Saint Junípero Serra expressed love for God and love for neighbor by respecting the dignity of Native Peoples and protecting the sacred work of the missions.
- explore what it means to be a Catholic follower of Jesus in our world today and prayer experiences are included in each lesson.
Science: Transfer of Energy in Collision
- Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
- Ask questions and predict outcomes about the changes in energy that occur when objects collide.
11/13 Tuesday: Math Mid Module 3 Assessment, P.E.
11/14 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required), 12noon Dismissal
11/15 Thursday: Religion Ten Commandments Test (see pg 99 in Religion book)
11/16 Friday: Spelling/Journeys Lesson 2.8 Test, Religion Ch. 9 Test
11/19-11/23 Happy Thanksgiving!