“Come to us, Lord, and bring us peace. We will rejoice in your presence and serve you with all our heart.” Communion Rite, First Week of Advent
A look at next week:
Religion: Chapter 13 Advent
In this chapter, the students will learn that in Advent we prepare for the coming of the Lord.
For family advent resources, please click here.
Language Arts: Please use the following link to view next week’s focus wall.
4th Grade Weekly Spelling Homework (The spelling words can be found by clicking on the Lesson link above.)
After Christmas break, we will begin a novel study on Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell. Every fourth grader must have a copy of this book by Tuesday, January 8th, 2019. This would make a great Christmas gift. You can purchase the book on amazon here, or a bookseller of your choice. You can also check it out from the local library, however, we will need it in class every day during the month of January. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Math: Module 3 Multi-Digit Multiplication and Division
Topic F: Reasoning with Divisibility
- Find factor pairs for numbers to 100, and use understanding of factors to define prime and composite.
- Use division and the associative property to test for factors and observe patterns.
- Determine if a whole number is a multiple of another number.
- Explore properties of prime and composite numbers to 100 by using multiples.
We will continue with multiplication timed tests. Please practice your math facts at home every night. Click here for a great practice sheet! To see the testing order, please refer to the recording chart in your child’s planner.
Social Studies: Pilot Module 1
- Understand that California began as Native Californian land
- Identify their diocese and the Native Indians who lived in that region
- Name the resources, dwellings, sacred sites, and creation stories of their region
- Listen to Creation Stories of the Native Peoples
- Name and describe family rituals and celebrations
- Understand Native Californians have rituals similar to the church’s rituals
- Understand Native California rituals
- Understand why rituals are important to families, cultures, communities
- Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.
- Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
12/3 Monday: Report Card envelopes due back signed
12/4 Tuesday: Scholastic Book Fair begins, P.E.
12/5 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required)
12/6 Thursday: Happy St. Nicholas Day!
12/7 Friday: Spelling/Journeys Lesson 2.10 Test, Religion Ch. 13 Test, P.E., 12noon Dismissal
12/8 Saturday: Escondido Christmas Parade