Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, and a branch from his roots will bear fruit. The Spirit of the Lord will rest on Him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and strength, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.” Isaiah 11:1-2
A look at next week:
The students will continue to learn that in Advent we prepare for the coming of the Lord.
For family advent resources, please click here.
Language Arts: Review Week
No Spelling this week.
After Christmas break, we will begin a novel study on Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell. Every fourth grader must have a copy of this book by Tuesday, January 8th, 2019. This would make a great Christmas gift. You can purchase the book on amazon here, or a bookseller of your choice. You can also check it out from the local library, however, we will need it in class every day during the month of January. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Math: Module 3 Multi-Digit Multiplication and Division Assessment
Topic F: Reasoning with Divisibility
- Find factor pairs for numbers to 100, and use understanding of factors to define prime and composite.
- Use division and the associative property to test for factors and observe patterns.
- Determine if a whole number is a multiple of another number.
- Explore properties of prime and composite numbers to 100 by using multiples.
We will continue with multiplication timed tests. Please practice your math facts at home every night. Click here for a great practice sheet! To see the testing order, please refer to the recording chart in your child’s planner.
Social Studies: Pilot Module 2: Junipero Serra and the Mission Era
Lesson 1 The Outside World Discovers California
- Understand the opening of California by explorers
- Define what it means to be an explorer as well as describing important qualities of successful explorers
- Explain the concept of exploring for Gold, Glory, and God
- Meet early explorers of California
- Describe meetings between early explorers and Native Indians
- Understand how to communicate when meeting others especially when they are from a different culture
Science: Using Stored Energy
- Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.
- Obtain and combine information to describe that energy and fuels are derived from natural resources and their uses affect the environment.
See School Newsletter for more details.
12/18 Tuesday: Students may wear Christmas sweaters or other Christmas tops with uniform bottoms, P.E.
12/19 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required), All School Reconciliation
12/20 Thursday: Christmas attire free dress, Christmas Party 11am
12/21 Friday: Christmas Pageant 10am, Dismissal 12noon, No Extension (All students must be picked up by 12:15pm)
12/22/18-1/9/19 Christmas Break