Thank you to the grandparents of Liam for donating, building and installing our new backpack hooks! They look great and have really worked nicely this week. We appreciate your talent and generosity.
Please save the date for our Christmas Pageant! The pageant takes place in the church and will be on Friday, December 21st at 10:00 AM.
We will be having our class Christmas celebration on Thursday, December 20th. We are having a pajama day and will be watching The Polar Express. The students may come to school in their pajamas but must wear shoes. Please be sure to refrain from onsie pajamas or night gowns. Two piece pajama sets are acceptable. If you would like to provide one of the treats for that day please sign up here
Please sign the report card envelope and return it, if you haven’t already done so. The physical report card is for you to keep, but please return the signed envelope by Monday 12/10.
Thank you to the parent volunteers that sit with our class at Mass on Wednesday mornings. I appreciate the help. Please remember that you are there to help the children maintain appropriate Mass behavior and that all the children need to be treated equally. We need to assure this for fairness to all the students that don’t have parents present. It is not always possible for you to sit near your child as it is necessary for me to spread the parent volunteers out as necessary. The children are not instructed to hold hands during the Our Father prayer. When I get up to help with the gifts and to receive Holy Communion, please help keep the students quiet and facing the altar.
*Reminder that the Super Star Student of the week can bring something to share each day of the week.
Monday: Abigail, Andrew, Brayden, Christian, Elise
Tuesday: Eva, Jalynn, John C., Kyle, Liam
Wednesday: Martha, Moises, Agnes, Anthony, Cassy
Thursday: Dayvin, Emmett, Frank, Jayln, John M.
Friday: Lia, Lorenzo, Mia and Zach
**I will have a bin outside the classroom for the share items in the morning. Please only have your child bring an item to share on their scheduled day (except when student is Super Star Student). If they forget, they are not to bring something the next day, but instead they will wait until their next scheduled share day. Thank you for your help with this. The children may share books, gifts, and stories. Weapons and other such items may not be brought to school. Likewise, fragile items should not be sent to school.
Super Star Student- I will go in alphabetical order by first name. The student that is Super Star Student for the week will bring in a small photo album with 10-15 pages. You may wish to include pictures and a description of your child’s likes/dislikes, favorite vacations, special events, thing he/she enjoys doing, etc. We will read from this book every day that your child is Super Star. Being Super Star also means being line leader, prayer leader, and calendar leader. The Super Star may share every day during his/her week, not just on his or her assigned share day.
Super Star Students for December/January:
December 10th-14th: Emmett
December 17th-21st: Eva
December 24th-31st: No School-Christmas Break
January 7th-11th: Frank
January 14th-18th: Jalynn
Please continue to read at least 15 minutes every night with your child and fill out the reading log. Please keep the reading log in their home folder on the “return to school” side. I will be checking for completion each morning, and stamping the log to track whether or not the assignment was done each night. This way, I can assign an accurate grade for the reading log. I will collect the reading logs each week on Friday. A new log will be sent home every Monday.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Advent and Christmas
- Math: Two Dimensional Flat Shapes
- Reading: Whose Shoes?, Tom on Top, Little Juan and the Cooking Pot, Workers and Their Tools,
- Language Arts: Essential Question- What do people use to do their jobs?
- Grammar: Describing Words (Adjectives), Blend words with short a and o, sentences are a complete thought using punctuation at the end of the sentence and begins with a capital letter, Job Words
- Phonics: Letter: O, High Frequency Words: you, is, go, and, like, you, a, we, the, I, can, see, at, am
- Social Studies: Time and Timelines
- Science: Continue Plant Needs
Dates and Reminder:
- Saturday, 12/8: Escondido Christmas Parade-9 AM
- Wednesday, 12/12: Our Lady Of Guadalupe Apparitions Reenactment by the middle school at 9 AM
- Wednesday, 12/12: Half Day, Dismissal at 12 PM
- Friday, 12/21: Christmas Pageant 10:00 AM
- Friday, 12/21: Half Day, Dismissal at 12 PM
- Monday, 12/24-Monday, 1/7: Christmas Break-No School
- Tuesday, 1/8: School Resumes
- Wednesday, 1/9: Half Day, Dismissal at 12 PM
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .