Religion: Chapter 16
In Chapter 15, the students learned that the Fourth Commandment teaches us to honor and respect our parents, guardians, and all people in authority. In this chapter, the students will learn what it means to live the Fifth Commandment by respect all human life.
Language Arts: Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell Novel Study
- evaluate a statement to determine the accuracy.
- evaluate the choices made by the main character to form an opinion.
- identify the meaning of key chapter vocabulary using context clues and a reference book.
- Analyze the events of the chapter to develop a concise summary.
- Analyze the features of the text to determine the genre.
Vocabulary Words: waddling, matted, shaft, flank, plentiful
Math: Module 3 Multi-Digit Multiplication and Division
We will continue with multiplication timed tests. Please practice your math facts at home every night. Click here for a great practice sheet! To see the testing order, please refer to the recording chart in your child’s planner.
Topic H: Multiplication of Two-Digit by Two-Digit Numbers
- Multiply two-digit multiples of 10 by two-digit numbers using a place value chart.
- Multiply two-digit multiples of 10 by two-digit numbers using the area model.
- Multiply two-digit by two-digit numbers using four partial products.
- Transition from four partial products to the standard algorithm for two-digit by two-digit multiplication.
Pilot Module 2 Saint Junípero Serra and the Mission Era
Junipero Serra: Development of the Missions
- Describe the length of El Camino Real.
- Understand the placement of the Missions.
- Explain where they would build a 22nd Mission based on the criteria set for the first 21.
- Explain the relationship between missions, Spanish pueblos, and presidios.
- Name active missions today.
Science: Renewable and Nonrenewable Resources
- Obtain and combine information to describe that energy and fuels are derived from natural resources and their uses affect the environment.
Catholic Schools Week
1/29 Tuesday: P.E.
1/30 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required)
2/1 Friday: Religion Chapter 16 Test, Spelling Week 3 Test, Island of the Blue Dolphins Week 3 Quiz, P.E.