“Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Religion: Our class will be leading the Stations of the Cross on Friday, April 12th, at 2pm in the Church. All are welcome.
Language Arts: The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
This week we will begin week 4 of our novel study. Students will:
- examine the story elements associated with fiction texts.
- identify different types of figurative language.
- compare and contrast character traits.
Week 7 Vocabulary:
Spelling homework and words for The Secret Garden Week 7 can be accessed here.
Math Groups A and B: Module 5 Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations
Mid Module Assessment on Tuesday, April 9th. Students have received a review packet that we are working on together in class. Please use this and the Eureka workbook to study for the test.
Math Group C: Module 5 Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations
Topic F: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions by Decomposition
- Estimate sums and differences using benchmark numbers.
- Add a mixed number and a fraction.
We will continue with multiplication and division timed tests. Please practice your math facts at home every night. Click here for a great practice sheet! To see the testing order, please refer to the recording chart in your child’s planner.
Social Studies: Chapter 5 The Gold Rush Years
- Explain why the United States wanted control of California.
- Explain the causes and results of the Bear Flag Revolt.
- Discuss why the United States went to war with Mexico.
- Identify Bernarda Ruiz and her role in establishing peace.
- Identify evidence from patterns in rock formations and fossils in rock layers to support an explanation for changes in a landscape over time.
4/9 Tuesday: Math Groups A and B Mid Module Assessment, P.E.
4/10 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required), 12noon Dismissal
4/11 Thursday: Engineering Fair
4/5 Friday: TSG Quiz, Spelling Test, P.E., 2pm Stations of the Cross
Save the Date: Field Trips on 4/15 and 5/23!