I hope you have a blessed Easter and break! School will resume on April 29th. Please see below for a snapshot of our week when we return.
Religion: In Chapter 23, the students learned that the Tenth Commandment calls us to have thankful hearts and to not envy other people or desire their things. In this chapter, the students will learn that we grow in holiness through prayer, sacraments, and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Language Arts: We will begin our last novel study of the year when we return from Easter Break. The novel we will be reading is Wonder by RJ Palacio. Each student will need a copy of this book. You can purchase it from Amazon by clicking here or any book seller of your choice. There are also copies at the library. Students will need the book with him/her every day beginning April 29th.
Math Groups A and B: Module 5 Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations
Extending Fraction Equivalence to Fractions Greater than 1
- Decompose and compose fractions greater than 1 to express them in various forms.
- Compare fractions greater than 1 by reasoning using benchmark fractions.
- Compare fractions greater than 1 by creating common numerators or denominators.
Math Group C: Module 5 Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations
Topic F: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions by Decomposition
- Estimate sums and differences using benchmark numbers.
- Add a mixed number and a fraction.
- Add mixed numbers
Social Studies: Chapter 5 The Gold Rush Years
- Explain why the United States wanted control of California.
- Explain the causes and results of the Bear Flag Revolt.
- Discuss why the United States went to war with Mexico.
- Identify Bernarda Ruiz and her role in establishing peace.
- Identify evidence from patterns in rock formations and fossils in rock layers to support an explanation for changes in a landscape over time.
Easter Break 4/22-4/26
4/29 Monday: School resumes, Spirit Week (see school newsletter for details)
4/30 Tuesday: P.E.
5/1 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required)
5/3 Friday: P.E., 11:15am Rosary, 12noon Dismissal
Save the Date: Riley’s Farm Field Trip on 5/23!