May 24, 2013
Dear St. Mary School Parents,
We are rounding the corner to the end of the school year at St. Mary School. Our final event will be Friday, May 24th. The Jog-a-thon! I am including the schedule, map and check-list for the big day. Students will be running with their School Families (8th grade parent & K-7th siblings ). This is not a jog-a-thon fundraiser – just for fun! However, Jamba Juice will be available to purchase (see order form below).
We will have two tracks for the lower and lower/upper grades. Two tracks will allow younger grades K-3 to run more laps if they choose. They will also have the option of running on the larger track. Pre-K will have a separate time to run at the beginning of the event. Students can take breaks during the running time and rest near their school family canopy and cheer on fellow family members. Students will NOT carry tally cards. Each school family needs 2 parent volunteers that will help tally students’ laps (Please let your homeroom teacher know ASAP if you can help). It will be the student’s responsibility (as they pass by the “tally parent”) to tell them to tally their lap. These lists will be turned in immediately to the Judge’s Table at the end of the event. The School Family with the most laps wins a pizza party!
School families have already chosen a State to represent. It is up to the 8th Grade Parent to decide what they will be wearing (special t-shirts, hats, or other appropriate attire). T-shirts can be purchased at the T-Shirt Mart at 5 for $10. Michael’s has foam hats for .50- $1.00 etc. The students have been very creative with ideas and will be parading to the track area with their school family/state. It should be a lot of fun and we hope you can join us. The school family with the most spirit will win an Ice Cream Sundae party!
I am confident that things will run smoothly, thanks to all of you! If there are any questions, please let me know. The kids are looking forward to this event after a 5 year hiatus and I truly appreciate all the hard work the parents’ put in to help make it special for them! Thanks for supporting SMS and your children!
Patriotic theme (teachers & parents in creative red/white/blue attire):
- Classes will parade on to the field as “DJ Pat” announces them by state (one lap then to their tent).
- Closing Ceremony: Awards will be given to each student (ribbon).
- One “Spirit Award” for School Family who shows the most spirit (Ice Cream Sundae party)
- Most Laps Run Award (total laps for school family) Pizza party
9:15-9:45 Change clothes (school appropriate), pick up school families and report to staging area (between brick wall and pavilion)
9:45-10:00 Opening Ceremony-Parade of States (Teachers & Tally Parents to your stations – please see map)
10:00-10:15 Pre-K run
10:15-11:15 K-8th run
11:15-11:30 Jamba Juice
Tally cards totaled & turned in. Judges decide awards.
11:30-11:45 Awards Ceremony
11:45-12:00 Cleanup – Dismissal
Jog-a-thon School Parent Check-list 2013
- 8th Grade School Family banner to represent your state.
- Choose 2 students (1 boy, 1 girl) to carry banner
- Optional- t-shirt for each student representing your state or ask each child to wear a specific color/hat
- Choose 2 adults per School Family to serve as a volunteer to tally laps the day of the Jog-a-thon
- Find a tent/canopy to use on the day of jog-a-thon to serve as your booth for your School Family (2 families per tent -decorations optional)
- Assign a healthy treat for each student in School Family
- Assign parent to supply water for each student in School Family
Friday, May 24th
ALL ORDERS/$$ MUST BE IN BY FRIDAY 5/17 (no exceptions)
Five Fruity Frenzy: Strawberries, blueberries, bananas, mangos, peaches, mixed berry juice, peach juice
Mega Mango: Mangos, peaches, strawberries, apple strawberry juice
Strawberry Whirl: Strawberries, bananas, apple strawberry juice
Peach Perfection:Mangoes, strawberries, orange juice, pineapple juice
Pomegranate Paradise: pomegranate juice, strawberries, mangos, peaches