Our 100th day of school is this week, tomorrow, February 7th! Thank you to those volunteers that have signed up to help that day or have donated items to make this day a success.
Thank you to all the families that have donated canned goods or non perishable items. We are at 85 items today with only 1 more day to go! Please help us reach our goal of 100 items to donate to those in need. I sent home a few reminders today in the home folders.
If you would would like to view the sign up, you can view it here.
We also have a field trip scheduled for next week, 2/12, to the post office! If you have not turned in the permission slip can you please return in by tomorrow, 2/7.
Thank you to the parent volunteers that sit with our class at Mass on Wednesday mornings. I appreciate the help. Please remember that you are there to help the children maintain appropriate Mass behavior and that all the children need to be treated equally. We need to assure this for fairness to all the students that don’t have parents present. It is not always possible for you to sit near your child as it is necessary for me to spread the parent volunteers out as necessary. The children are not instructed to hold hands during the Our Father prayer. When I get up to help with the gifts and to receive Holy Communion, please help keep the students quiet and facing the altar.
We continue practicing reading sentences with the use of pictures and our high frequency words. This week, the students brought home a book with the sight word with in it. Please encourage the children to read these book to you throughout the weekend and week. It would be helpful to keep these books each week and have them practice as review of all the words we have learned. It is great practice for them.
*Reminder that the Super Star Student of the week can bring something to share each day of the week.
Monday: Abigail, Andrew, Brayden, Christian, Elise
Tuesday: Eva, Jalynn, John C., Kyle, Liam
Wednesday: Martha, Moises, Agnes, Anthony, Cassy
Thursday: Dayvin, Emmett, Frank, Jayln, John M.
Friday: Lia, Lorenzo, Mia and Zach
**I will have a bin outside the classroom for the share items in the morning. Please only have your child bring an item to share on their scheduled day (except when student is Super Star Student). If they forget, they are not to bring something the next day, but instead they will wait until their next scheduled share day. Thank you for your help with this. The children may share books, gifts, and stories. Weapons and other such items may not be brought to school. Likewise, fragile items should not be sent to school.
Super Star Student- I will go in alphabetical order by first name. The student that is Super Star Student for the week will bring in a small photo album with 10-15 pages. You may wish to include pictures and a description of your child’s likes/dislikes, favorite vacations, special events, thing he/she enjoys doing, etc. We will read from this book every day that your child is Super Star. Being Super Star also means being line leader, prayer leader, and calendar leader. The Super Star may share every day during his/her week, not just on his or her assigned share day.
Super Star Students for February/March:
February 4th-8th: Kyle
February 11th-15th: Lia
February 18th-22nd: Liam
February 25th-March 1st: Lorenzo
Please continue to read at least 15 minutes every night with your child and fill out the reading log. Please keep the reading log in their home folder on the “return to school” side. I will be checking for completion each morning, and stamping the log to track whether or not the assignment was done each night. This way, I can assign an accurate grade for the reading log. I will collect the reading logs each week on Friday. A new log will be sent home every Monday.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Jesus Teaches and Helps Us
- Math: Comparison of Length and Height
- Reading: Mama, Is It Summer Yet?, It Is Hot!, Little Bear, A Tour of the Seasons,
- Language Arts: Essential Question- How are the seasons different?
- Grammar: blending words with b, k and d with short vowels a, e, i, Naming Words (nouns)
- Phonics: Letter: Bb, Ll , High Frequency Words: little, with, he ,are, my, to, do, you, is, go, and, like, you, a, we, the, I, can, see, at, am
- Social Studies: Where are you?- Learning terms of relative location (left, right, near and far etc.)
- Science: Finish Plant Needs/Plant Parts
Dates and Reminder:
- Sunday, 1/27-Saturday, 2/2: Catholic Schools Week
- Thursday, 1/31: Team Day: Students may wear blue jeans with a St. Mary Spirit Shirt (current year or previous years)
- Friday, 2/1: Half Day: Dismissal at 12:00 PM
- Thursday, 2/7: 100th Day Celebration!
- Tuesday, 2/12: Field trip to Post Office 10:15 AM -12:00 PM
- Wednesday, 2/13: Half Day, Dismissal at 12 PM
- Thursday, 2/14: Valentine’s Day-Class Celebration
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .