I sent home a shoe tying practice template home last week. Please help your child successfully tie the template and their own shoes! We will be having a shoe tying party on Friday, May 10th! All the students that can tie their shoes by this date will earn a special treat at our shoe tying party!
Thank you to the parent volunteers that sit with our class at Mass on Wednesday mornings. I appreciate the help. Please remember that you are there to help the children maintain appropriate Mass behavior and that all the children need to be treated equally. We need to assure this for fairness to all the students that don’t have parents present. It is not always possible for you to sit near your child as it is necessary for me to spread the parent volunteers out as necessary. The children are not instructed to hold hands during the Our Father prayer. When I get up to help with the gifts and to receive Holy Communion, please help keep the students quiet and facing the altar.
Please continue to send back the “Book Bags” every Friday. I can send new books home every Monday if they are returned. Please continue to have your child read to you. These books should be practiced many times throughout the week, before they are returned on Friday. This will count as time for their reading log each night. There will also be a key ring with sight word flash cards attached in the “Book Bags.” These should be practiced nightly as well. I will add words to the rings as necessary.
Please have the students read a sheet of the sight word sentence homework nightly. They may color in 1 star after reading the page in entirety. Please have your child write at least 1-2 sentences on the lined writing paper each night using their sight word sentences and inventive spelling. They may rewrite one of the sentences provided or create their own new sentence. This is a part of their homework, this is not optional. They must write a minimum of 4 sentences for the week.
We continue practicing reading sentences with the use of pictures and our high frequency words. This past week the sight words we were practicing were this and what.
Please continue to read at least 15 minutes every night with your child and fill out the reading log. Please keep the reading log in their home folder on the “return to school” side. I will be checking for completion each morning, and stamping the log to track whether or not the assignment was done each night. This way, I can assign an accurate grade for the reading log. I will collect the reading logs each week on Friday. A new log will be sent home every Monday.
Monday: Abigail, Andrew, Christian, Elise
Tuesday: Matthew, John C., Kyle, Liam
Wednesday: Moises, Agnes, Anthony, Cassy
Thursday: Dayvin, Emmett, Frank, Jayln, John M.
Friday: Lia, Lorenzo, Mia and Zach
**I will have a bin outside the classroom for the share items in the morning. Please only have your child bring an item to share on their scheduled day (except when student is Super Star Student). If they forget, they are not to bring something the next day, but instead they will wait until their next scheduled share day. Thank you for your help with this. The children may share books, gifts, and stories. Weapons and other such items may not be brought to school. Likewise, fragile items should not be sent to school.
All of our students have had the chance to be our Super Star Student! Thank you for putting their books together to share with the class.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Lent and Stations of the Cross
- Math: Adding and Subtracting Numbers (Garfield Math), Compare Using More than, fewer than and same as or equal to
- Reading: Bringing Down the Moon, Going Up, In the Clouds, Up! Up! Up!, A View From the Moon
- Language Arts: Essential Question- What do you see in the sky?
- Grammar: Blend Words with short u with g, w and x, Prepositions and Ordinal Numbers
- Phonics: Review Letters: Uu, Gg, Ww, Xx, Vv, Jj, Qu and Zz. Review High Frequency Words: this, what, here, me, said, want, they, of, for ,she, was, little, with, he ,are, my, to, do, you, is, go, and, like, you, a, we, the, I, can, see, at, am
- Social Studies: National Symbols and American Monuments
- Science: Weather and The Engineering Fair
Dates and Reminder:
- Friday, 4/5: Half Day: Dismissal at 12 PM
- Friday, 4/5: Stations of the Cross, 11:15 AM
- Wednesday, 4/10: Half Day: Dismissal at 12 PM
- Thursday, 4/11: Engineering Fair
- Friday, 4/12: Stations of the Cross, 2:00 PM
- Friday, 4/19: Washing of the Feet at 9:30 AM
- Friday, 4/19: Half Day: Dismissal at 12 PM- Good Friday
- Monday, 4/22-Friday, 4/26: Easter Break- No School
- Monday, 4/29: School Resumes
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .