Religion: Holy Week
Language Arts: The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
This week we will finish our Secret Garden novel study.
Math Groups A and B: Module 5 Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations
Extending Fraction Equivalence to Fractions Greater than 1
- Decompose and compose fractions greater than 1 to express them in various forms.
- Compare fractions greater than 1 by reasoning using benchmark fractions.
- Compare fractions greater than 1 by creating common numerators or denominators.
Math Group C: Module 5 Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations
Topic F: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions by Decomposition
- Estimate sums and differences using benchmark numbers.
- Add a mixed number and a fraction.
- Add mixed numbers
Social Studies: Chapter 5 The Gold Rush Years
- Explain why the United States wanted control of California.
- Explain the causes and results of the Bear Flag Revolt.
- Discuss why the United States went to war with Mexico.
- Identify Bernarda Ruiz and her role in establishing peace.
- Identify evidence from patterns in rock formations and fossils in rock layers to support an explanation for changes in a landscape over time.
4/15 Monday: San Juan Capistrano Field Trip
4/16 Tuesday: P.E.
4/17 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required), Signed Progress Reports due, The Secret Garden Test
4/18 Thursday: Social Studies Chapter 5 Test
4/19 Friday: 10am Living Stations of the Cross, 12noon Dismissal- No Extension
Save the Date: Field Trip on 5/23!