A look at next week…
Religion: May Crowning is Thursday, May 9th. Please refer to school email for more details. This event is mandatory for all students.
Language Arts: Wonder by RJ Palacio
Each student will need a copy of this book. You can purchase it from Amazon by clicking here or any book seller of your choice. There are also copies at the library. Students will need the book with him/her every day beginning April 29th.
Math Groups A and B: Module 5 Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations
Extending Fraction Equivalence to Fractions Greater than 1
- Decompose and compose fractions greater than 1 to express them in various forms.
- Compare fractions greater than 1 by reasoning using benchmark fractions.
- Compare fractions greater than 1 by creating common numerators or denominators.
Math Group C: Module 5 Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations
Topic F: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions by Decomposition
- Estimate sums and differences using benchmark numbers.
- Add a mixed number and a fraction.
- Add mixed numbers
Social Studies: Chapter 6 California Becomes a State
- Explain why food and supplies were expensive during the Gold Rush.
- Define business and entrepreneur and identify a Gold Rush entrepreneur.
- Explain California’s rise to statehood and the role of slavery.
- Explain the purpose of a constitution.
- Identify evidence from patterns in rock formations and fossils in rock layers to support an explanation for changes in a landscape over time.
5/4 Saturday: 10am First Holy Communion Mass
5/7 Tuesday: Field Trip Permission Slips due, P.E.
5/8 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required), 12noon dismissal
5/9 Thursday: 7:15pm May Crowning
5/10 Friday: P.E.
Save the Date: Riley’s Farm Field Trip on 5/23!