Happy Fall, everyone! This week in First Grade we heard Cat In the Hat and enjoyed milk & cookies from Mr. Copenhaver- another Mystery Reader hit 🙂
We have been talking about our country a lot in Social Studies. Students are learning about our flag, where our nations capital is, and other fun facts.
- Religion – Chapter 6 The Church Year
- Math – Continuing Chapter 2 – Addition Strategies and Facts
- Social Studies – wrapping up our country, moving on to the countries above and below us
- Science – continue with Chapter 3: Animals
- Reading – Jack and the Wolf and The Three Little Pigs
- Please make sure your child is completing their nightly reading and recording it on their reading log as this is part of his/her reading grade
- Spelling – bag, at, fan, wag, hand, lamp, can, trap, ask, has, said, many
- Please help your child practice these words in preparation for our spelling test on Friday.
A friendly reminder to be sure your child is wearing St. Mary-approved Dennis uniform attire to school. For information on what is acceptable, please reference the school handbook: http://www.stmesc.org/site_forms/administration/sms-parent-student-handbook.pdf