Please continue to practice the Act of Contrition with your child. This must be memorized for their First Reconciliation. Their First Reconciliation is scheduled during an All School Reconciliation (Grades 2-8), on Thursday, 12/14. This will take place right after the daily Mass at 8:45 AM. The children will not be attending Mass that morning.
There has been a change in the spelling homework. The students will now complete a spelling tic tac toe choice board each week. They use the spiral bound notebook paper to complete their homework each night. Please keep the tic tac toe choice board stapled in the front of the notebook for the week. Each week the spelling homework is now going to be spelling tic-tac-toe. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they are able to choose 3 activities in a row, (horizontal, diagonal or vertical). Please be sure they are completing the activities to make tic tac toe. Thursday night will still be the spelling pre-test with parent initials. I will collect the spelling notebook on Thursday, but they need to bring it to school everyday as I will stamp it for completion.
Parent Teacher Conferences are this week. Monday through Wednesday will be half days, 12 PM dismissal. A sign up genius was sent out. Please be sure to sign up here 2nd Grade
The school will be collecting new and gently used unwrapped toys, until December 15th. Please no battery operated toys. This will be our third year donating toys through the YUGO Ministries to children in Tijuana. This is a great way for our students to participate in helping those in need.
The Escondido Christmas Parade is on Saturday, December 9th. Students are welcome to join us and walk near the float if accompanied by a parent. We hope to see many families represent our school in the parade.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Continue First Reconciliation Preparation
- Math: Ch. 3-Line Plots and Venn Diagrams
- Reading: Finish Click Clack Moo and Begin Ah Music!
- Language Arts: Continue Compound Sentences, Prefixes pre- and mis- and Idioms
- Spelling/Phonics: Vowel Digraphs ai and ay
- Social Studies: Continue with Land and Water
- Science: Rocks and Soil
- Language Arts Test Unit 3.1-Click Clack Moo, Monday, 12/4
- Math, Check Your Progress Lessons 7-12, Wednesday, 12/6
- Ch. 3 Math Test, Friday, 12/8
- Spelling Test, Friday, 12/8
- Language Arts Test Unit 3.2-Ah Music!, Friday, 12/8
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday, 12/4-Wednesday, 12/6: Parent Teacher Conferences-Half Days-12 PM Dismissal
- Thursday, 12/7: Team Day: Students may wear jeans and school team shirts
- Friday, 12/8: Mass for Immaculate Conception: Students must wear Mass uniform
- Saturday, 12/9: Escondido Christmas Parade
- Thursday, 12/14: First Reconciliation, 8:45 AM
- Wednesday, 12/20: Christmas Pageant 10 AM
- Wednesday, 12/20: Half Day-12 PM Dismissal
- Thursday, 12/21- Wednesday, 1/3: Christmas Break
- Thursday, 1/4: School Resumes
- Friday, 1/5: Half Day-12 PM Dismissal