Thank you to all the parents who came in to watch their child for their Dinosaur oral report. It was so nice to have you witness how much the students learned and enjoyed researching their dinosaur.
The Earth Day poster project is optional and can be done at home and will be due March 15th. (We don’t have school on the 16th)
I will continue holding a pretest every Monday for the spelling words introduced that week. If your child does not miss any words on the pretest, I will give them a challenge list of words for the week. The students that receive the challenge list will use those words for their spelling tic tac toe homework throughout the week.
If you would like to donate something, we are running low on Kleenex and could use some more.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Continue First Holy Communion Book
- Math: Finish Ch. 5
- Reading: Penguin Chick
- Language Arts: Adjectives: Describing Looks, Smell, Taste, Feel and Sound and Reflexive Pronouns
- Spelling/Phonics: Words with ir, ur and er
- Social Studies: Continue Unit 3: Ways of Living: Core Lesson 3-America’s Symbols
- Science: Finish Earth Long Ago: Fossils
- Math Ch.5 Test: Thursday, 3/15
- Spelling Test: Thursday, 3/15
- Language Arts Test: Thursday, 3/15
Dates and Reminders:
- Thursday, 3/15: Team Day: Students may wear jeans and team shirt.
- Friday, 3/16: No School-Student Holiday
- Sunday, 3/18: School Led Mass 10:30 AM
- Thursday, 3/22: All School Reconciliation, Grades 2-8
- Friday, 3/23: Live Stations of the Cross
- Thursday, 3/29: Holy Thursday: Washing of the feet and Live Stations of the Cross
- Friday, 3/30: Good Friday-No School
- Monday, 4/2-Friday, 4/6: Easter Break-No School
- Monday, 4/9: School Resumes
- Thursday, 4/12: First Holy Communion Retreat