Thank you for all the great cards, flowers and treats for Teacher Appreciation Week! I feel loved and appreciate the kindness of each of my students and their families.
I hope all the wonderful Moms enjoy their Mother’s Day.
There are only four short weeks left of second grade! I can’t believe it has flown by and they will be moving onto third grade. Fly up day will be the last week of school, Monday, 6/4. They will get to spend a little time in the third grade classroom and will be able to ask some questions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: We Show Love and Respect
- Math: Finish Ch. 8- Place Value to 1000 and Start Ch. 9-Addition and Subtraction 3-digit Numbers
- Reading: Continue Mummies in the Morning
- Language Arts: Adverbs, Adjectives, Possessive Pronouns and More Antonyms
- Spelling/Phonics: Long Vowels a and i
- Social Studies: Continue Unit 4: People at Work: Producer/Consumer
- Science: Continue Unit C: Ch. 2 Lesson 1: What happens when you mix matter?
- Ch. 8 Math Test: Tuesday, 5/15
- Spelling Test: Friday, 5/18
- Language Arts Test: Friday, 5/18
- Religion Test: Friday, 5/18
Dates and Reminders:
- Thursday, 5/17: Team Day: Students may wear jeans with team shirts.
- Friday, 5/18: Gala Teacher Experience, 5-7 PM
- Monday, 5/28: No School: Memorial Day
- Friday, 6/1: Catholic Schools Night Padre Game 7:10 PM
- Monday, 6/4: Fly Up Day
- Wednesday, 6/6: Half Day: Dismissal at 12:00 PM
- Thursday, 6/7: Half Day: Dismissal at 12:00 PM
- Friday, 6/8: Last Day of School-Mass at 8:00 AM-Dismissal at 10:00 AM (No extension available)